We cannot wait for SURGE Camp, June 12-16! As we inch closer to camp here are 8 things that will be worth knowing.
GETTING ON & OFF CAMPUS
Next week, we're going to be moving over 1200 kids between our two locations: West Ridge and East Paulding Middle School. With that in mind, here are a couple of things to be aware of to make your drop-off and pick-up experience smooth!
- Plan on arriving early! The drop-off begins at 5:45pm. However, in order to beat traffic you might consider arriving around 5:30pm.
- In an effort to help with traffic on Highway 92, you and your family can utilize our Dallas Highway entrance (just past the Wal-Mart fuel station).
- Pick-up starts at 9:00pm. Students will not be dismissed until 9:00pm..
DROP-OFF & PICK-UP FAQs
This year, SURGE Camp will be meeting in two different locations; West Ridge Church & East Paulding Middle School (less than a mile apart). Here are a few reminders of what's different about drop-off and pick-up for the week:
- If you have a rising 1st, 2nd, or 3rd-grade student, they will start camp at their track. (WRC or Middle School).
- If you have a rising 4th, 5th, or 6th-grade student, they will start camp in the Worship Center at West Ridge.
- If you have kids at both locations at the end of the night, we’d suggest picking up the student at West Ridge Church first.
- Make sure you have your parent pickup tag with you when you arrive to pick up your kiddo. You’ll need to show that to your child’s small group leader at the end of the night.
- If you’re running late for pickup... That’s OK (But, we know you would never run late... Just in case).
At 9:15pm each night, any kiddo who hasn't been picked up will be brought to the late night pick-up location on the campus where their sport or art track is located.
- If your student's track is at West Ridge, the late pick-up location is in the 4th/5th grade Student Theater.
- If your student's track is at East Paulding Middle School, the late pickup location is in the gym.
- Follow West Ridge on Facebook and Instagram throughout SURGE to catch a glimpse of what camp looks like. Who knows, maybe you'll even find a picture of your student!
- Download the West Ridge Church App for some insider information, including camp photos and discussion questions for you and your student.
Have any additional questions? Let us know by sending us a message on Facebook, or head over to westridge.com/SURGE.